Go Daddy Custom Web site Design

Search Mercifully

The Things We Do For LOVE - Deliver Dinner?

The Things We Do For LOVE -
Deliver Dinner?


Derek and I have always said monetary, tangible gifts are nice but by no means equates to LOVE.  We also agree that it’s the little things that count.  One would think we’d practice what we preach but not so easy with a family as large as ours.  The hustle and bustle of life can put love in the passenger seat.

Today I thought I’d offer Derek something to take to work since he’s typically there during our dinner time.  He declined saying a granola bar would be enough.  Fine, easier for me.

Around 5:00, almost 5:30 PM the telephone rings.  I knew it was him.  He wished he had taken me up on my offer; he was not in the mood for cup-o-noodles.

Did I feel a little bad for him?  Maybe, maybe not but I know I get really irritated when I’m hungry; especially when I’m at work.  I knew what I had to do if I wanted him to know I still cared about his being.

Into the kitchen to make his dinner I went.  It was a reinvention of leftovers.  Hey, I had to fix him something easy and in a jiffy plus it’s what we were having.

With his dinner in-hand I got my 5 of 6 kids into the truck and off we went.  Then I remembered I didn’t have his work information on me.  No address, no phone number just a general idea of where it was.  After a bit of scouting we found the parking lot but no building with his company name on it.  Luckily there was a nice man in the parking lot who knew where it was, in a side entrance!

Two minutes later we were pulling up to his office.  He must have seen us because he came out as soon as we parked.  He told all the girls inside for a short tour and back home we went.

My guess is he was glad to have eaten a home-cooked meal tonight & he knows I still love him.

What do you do for love?

Until Next Time...















INSPIRATION:
Love
INSPIRATION COMMENT
It’s the little things that count.

No comments:



MERCIFUL BLESSINGS
~Wife Of One, Mother Of Many~

•Momprenuer Inquisitive - WILL YOU HEAR?
•Social Media Diciple - CAN YOU TEACH?
•Mommy Blogger - DO YOU TRUST?
-------------------------------
RSS Feedburner URL
http://feeds.feedburner.com/MercifulBlessings
-------------------------------
CIRCLE Us On GOOGLE+
FOLLOW Us On TWITTER
LIKE Us On FACEBOOK
--------------------------------
We are GUEST/HOST Friendly...
offering you the ability to
FEATURE you & your blog, HOST your article,
GUEST POST or INTERVIEW for your blog.
------------------------------
We are PR Friendly...
making available
Advertising Space, Giveaway Hosting,
Product Reviewing, & Sponsor Spotlighting
--------------------------------
{ merciful.blessings@gmail.com }

THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING MB_WOO.MOM

*Disclosure Policy*

MERCIFULLY Grab It!!!