Go Daddy Custom Web site Design

Search Mercifully

My 1st Month - AM I CUTTING IT???


This Mommy Blogger's 1st Month -
AM I CUTTING IT???


A Mommy Blogger is someone who writes Mommy Blogs.  What’s a Mommy Blog?  Wikipedia defines Mommy Blogs as family and homemaking blogs which feature commentary and discussions especially about home, family, and parenting.  Other blogs labeled within similar parameters are Daddy Blogs, Family Blogs, & Parent Blogs.  As the mother and main author of our blogspots Merciful Blessings and Cuencstarz I’m privileged to call myself as a Mommy Blogger!


In all honesty this may be my very first go as a Mommy Blogger specifically writing from the standpoint of a mom, for moms but not as a blogger in general.  Several years ago I set-up a few blogs of various topics but they never materialized.  The timing just wasn’t right as mentioned in Our Creation - To Blog Or Not To Blog? And though I still don’t know what I my life is “supposed to be” I do know that it is supposed to be PERIOD.  So, I have decided to have another go at this thing we call blogging, Mommy Blogging to be exact.

Now that I’ve decided to create a blog I must find a name, a mommy blog name. This task was not as easy as I thought it should be, maybe because I was scared.  Scared to begin something in unfamiliar territory, scared to pigeon-whole myself into a specified “niche” and run out of things to write about, scared to fail.  Is being scared reason enough to stop you in your tracks? George Clooney says, the only failure is not to try - so what do I have to lose? NOTHING!  A name, oh yes, I need a name... hmmm.  I knew I wanted to do this but I needed some margin, margin of flexibility.  Using a name placing in one rigid category was not going to give me the flexibility I need to be comfortable enough to even start this new journey.

Our hunt began, The Name - How It Became.  When Merciful Blessings evolved it was an instantaneous fit, I am truly aware and deeply sincere in the realization that my children are blessings I do not deserve.

Thus far has been simple enough, not necessarily easy but simple.  Next was a platform, oh the choices or not.  To have a large array of choices you need a budget, my budget - ZERO!  This factor narrowed my choices  but that was okay, down to two choices which have it’s plus and minuses in blogging.  There was two options that seemed to be readily utilized by others, Blogger and WordPress - I chose Blogger.

Kind of surprising that I’ve gotten this far in such a short time, say what?  You’ve decided to blog, picked a name & created the skeletal account - hey, if you knew my story you’d know those are great strides for me right now!  But that’s for another day... on this particular day I’m at a halt!  My perfectionism is ridiculously RIDICULOUS!!!  I wanted my blogs planned out for  a year, okay, at least for a month - on calendar!  Then a fellow Mommy Blogger and Dear Friend, Melanie of Happiness Delivered {Life.Love.Inspire.} gave me a great piece of advice, “If you haven’t already, start blogging on your blog...”  So after giving it some thought the publishing began!!!  Everything is work in progress, right?


"HIGHLIGHTS" coming up next...




Connect NOW to STAY TUNED!!!

Subscribe to our RSS Feedburner URL
http://feeds.feedburner.com/MercifulBlessings

Follow Us Using the Google Friend Connect Widget
- on the right-hand sidebar

ADD Us on GOOGLE+
FOLLOW Us on TWITTER
LIKE Us on FACEBOOK

Please do let us know if there are any SPECIAL REQUEST,
we always do our best to make accommodations!!!



Until Then...







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to following you along!

Unknown said...

#THX Aurie - so glad you're joining me!!! XoXo, Mercy



MERCIFUL BLESSINGS
~Wife Of One, Mother Of Many~

•Momprenuer Inquisitive - WILL YOU HEAR?
•Social Media Diciple - CAN YOU TEACH?
•Mommy Blogger - DO YOU TRUST?
-------------------------------
RSS Feedburner URL
http://feeds.feedburner.com/MercifulBlessings
-------------------------------
CIRCLE Us On GOOGLE+
FOLLOW Us On TWITTER
LIKE Us On FACEBOOK
--------------------------------
We are GUEST/HOST Friendly...
offering you the ability to
FEATURE you & your blog, HOST your article,
GUEST POST or INTERVIEW for your blog.
------------------------------
We are PR Friendly...
making available
Advertising Space, Giveaway Hosting,
Product Reviewing, & Sponsor Spotlighting
--------------------------------
{ merciful.blessings@gmail.com }

THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING MB_WOO.MOM

*Disclosure Policy*

MERCIFULLY Grab It!!!